Hopefully this helps.
We have a Digitisation Strategy (attached).
When information is digitised at the start of the process, further related documents tend to stored digitally.
This strategy includes
- Distribution of mail – using Trim
- Distribution of junk mail – digitise and send electronically through Trim
- Mobility devices –access to information in the field
- Electronic lodgement of documents – having a policy and staff that encourages electronic lodgement of documents
- Introduction of online forms
- Reduction of physical files –authorised destruction and digitisation program
- Introduction of a clean desk initiative
Another form of reducing paper is the introduction of new systems e.g. online requisitioning and HR systems. These can have a dramatic effect on the reduction of paper.